Saturday, February 10, 2007

Genarlow Wilson AKA Georgia Is An Ass Backwards State

Free Genarlow Wilson



Since, it's been brought to my attention that I'm not the most scholarly cat in the world, please note that most of this information is taken from Mark Cuban's blog, interlaced with commentary from myself. Not where this topic was brought to light, but where I most recently read about it, and decided to reference a post in my own blog. I suggest taking a look at his blog, Mark Cuban's Blog Maverick

Mark covers mostly geekdom for you kids interested in computing, the internet, the future of television and beyond. I would reccomend hitting it up occassionally, as some of his posts are intriguing. As the owner of the Dallas Mavericks' he also covers some sport and social commentary, though I'm befuddled as to why he disabled commenting on his call-out on Dwayne Wade (David Stern imposing his will anyone?) Now that I've taken enough of the spotlight away from the actual topic of the post, please read on.

For those who aren't familiar. Genarlow Wilson was sentenced to 10 years in jail for doing something every 17 year old I knew, including myself, has attempted to do. He is two years into a total nightmare that only makes the State of Georgia THE POSTER CHILD for mistrust in government. Any individual involved in the State of Georgia goverment, especially those involved with creating legislation and judicial affairs should be ashamed and embarrassed that they live in such an ass backwards state.

Rather than go into gross specifics, I will refer everyone to some excellent articles written in support of Genarlow and to his lawyers reference site, www.wilsonappeal.com Please take some time to review the link mentioned above and the three hyperlinks that I have referenced below. What is being done/has been done to this young man is inhumane, cruel, unfair, intolerable, and embarrassing on so many levels. If you are reading this post, the very least you can do is visit the Wilson Appeal website and sign the online petition to the Georgia General Assembly.

Props and commendations go out to ESPN , The NY Times and Others for great coverage leading to the introduction of a new bill aiming to right this gross injustice. The mass media gets things right for once. Get familiar, and if you're not enraged by the fact that this man is serving ten years in prison check your pulse, cause you haven't got one.

3 comments:

Renaissance Woman said...

Craziness. Man this world has gone insane when we do things like that but let 18 year olds die in Iraq. I will not go into all my beliefs at this point in time, but come on people!!! The point is there are so many more important things going on then a young kid getting head at a party!!!

chuck zoi said...

Dude you need to learn to cite things.

All Your Blog Are Belong to Us said...

Corrected. Thank you.